I’m super excited to be here to live life beautifully in a somewhat out loud fashion. I know you got Kate’s perspective of me (I pay her very well to say nice things about me) but I figure I should start out with a little about myself from my perspective.
I’m the typical gal from Southern California. I sip mimosas poolside during the day and party with celebrities in LA at night. I’m decked in everything from Michael Kors to Christian Louboutin. My neighbors are Hugh Hefner and Tom Cruise. I’m perfectly tan all year around and never have to work out. I dine at 5 star restaurants that don multiple Michelin stars.
Scratch that…. I’m the typical gal from Orange County. I’m blessed to lay out at the beach/pool with my hubs a couple times a month and am even more blessed that it’s almost all year around we can do that. I rarely see celebrities and they’re usually the “hey that was the guy in that show a few years ago”. I’m a J.Crew jacket sporting, GAP jean flinging, Target budgeting kind of fashionista. I dream of the day that I can own some red bottomed beauties and a handbag with an LV on it but for now I just have to hang with Steve Madden and Cs on my bag. (It could be a worse). I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to cook. The kitchen is my happy place. My most favorite thing to do is to make a staple stretch out over multiple meals or cook a meal for under $10!
I promise to always be as honest and raw as possible. Just like many others, I’ve had my ups and downs and all of it is open for discussion.
I hope you enjoy my random rambles and yummy recipe.
In honor of National homemade cookie day I bring to you my absolute favorite cookie recipe. I saw these on Yahoo! about 10 years ago and have never strayed. They are by far the greatest chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever had.
Super Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies – makes 6 doz. (I’ve halved it successfully many times)
The cast of characters
4 1/2 cups of flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 cups butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 (3.4 oz) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
2 tsp vanilla extract (PLEASE use pure vanilla not imitation, it makes a difference!)
4 cups milk chocolate chips
If you’re feeling a little nutty, add in 2 cups of chopped walnuts.
How you’ll make ’em
1. Get the oven started at 350 degrees. Sift together the flour and baking soda, then set it aside. **If you don’t have a sifter no need to run out and buy one, they turn out just fine without sifting.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars together.
3. Add the pudding mix until well blended. This would be the best time to take your finger and scoop out a little bit of yummieness. (I’m not sure if that’s even a word but I tend to make up words and sayings as I go.
4. Drop in the eggs and add the vanilla.
5. Next, add in the flour mixture. Get ready to put some muscle into it if you’re doing this by hand.
6. Now it’s time to add in the chocolate chips! (and nuts if you want)
7. Drop rounded spoonfuls or a small cookie scoop fulls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the edges are beautifully golden brown.
The following two tabs change content below.
Alicia is your typical gal from Orange County. She's blessed to be able lay out at the beach/pool with her hubs as often as they can. She's a J.Crew jacket sporting, GAP jean flinging, Target budgeting kind of fashionista. She's dreaming of the day that she can own some red bottomed beauties and a handbag with an LV on it but for now she just has to hang with knock offs. She LOVE, LOVE, LOVES to cook. The kitchen is her happy place. Her most favorite thing to do is to make a staple stretch out over multiple meals or cook a meal for under $10! She hopes you enjoy her random rambles and yummy recipes.